Its very fun. I could play it all day, experimenting with track names. My favorite result so far is aceg.
Hit the Brakes (2020)
[Spacebar to Brake]
Hit the Brakes is a one-button time-trial racing game set on procedurally generated tracks created from the name you give it.
- Enter any track name: (using letters, numbers and spaces) in order to create a track.
- Master the track: keep racing and improving your time.
- Share & Compete: Take a screen shot, and share your track name and time with others in order to compete. #HitTheBrakesGame
You may need to click on the game for input to work (avoid pressing keys whilst game is loading, this sometimes causes issues).
- Press 'enter' once you've added the name of the track.
- Press 'space' to break.
- Press 'c' to toggle colour.
- Press 'esc' to reset.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
really nice idea, good sounds.Thanks for letting us play :-)
Great game - simple, sleek, fun and addictive. Nailed it!
It’s cool that for subsequent laps you can see where you veered off, and you’ll know to brake more/earlier.
Simple and fun; thanks for sharing. There's an impromtu 'tournament' at the Buried Tresure (buried-treasure.org/) Discord! Seed: Btreasure
Very nice! Love your work. I think this simple mechanic might have potential for becoming the base of an audio game, if you made some cues about the sharpness and distance of the curve ahead.